I’ve done it! I’ve finished my novel. I started – as you know – in November 2016, and wanted to finish within the year. It’s been one year, two months and sixteen days.
With a caveat… it’s going to go to my editor, the wonderful Karen Sanders, who, I imagine, will pull it apart and come up with loads of suggestions.
But, for now. It’s done, it’s over, and I don’t have to think about it for a couple of weeks.
So, perhaps now is a good time to share some info about it:
- the original concept was devised when I was about 18. The main character and the premise have remained, but the story and setting have changed greatly
- my MC suffers from memory loss, which was a huge challenge for me as I love writing flashbacks!
- it’s called Small Forgotten Moments, at the moment
- it’s fundamentally a ghost story
- Seaton, in Cornwall, is my inspiration, though I may have altered a couple of small details about the area